We originally developed the VISOR under vehicle imaging system (UVIS) to meet a tough requirement for a high performance portable UVIS which could be installed quickly by 1 or 2 people from the trunk of a car. Since then, we have expanded the range.
- Standard range – portable and fixed models for scanning all types of road vehicle.
- Compact range – portable and fixed models for scanning cars and vans.
- Rail range – portable and fixed models for scanning trains.
- Custom systems – we use the flexibility of the VISOR technology and software so that you can, for example, scan all of the surfaces of road and rail vehicles.
High performance imaging
We developed VISOR so that you would see crisp, clear colour images of the complete undersides of vehicles. We used GigE colour HD cameras, advanced software and an easy to use operator interface to make your inspection process efficient and easy. These features also set the standard for high quality colour undercarriage imaging of cars, trucks, buses, vans and trains.
Excellent zoom / detail views
Wide range of operational applications
The key elements of the VISOR advanced UVIS are:
- VisorSoft software
- GigE digital cameras
- Robust desgn & construction
- Easy to use
VISOR’s software captures the image data from the cameras, corrects it and stitches it so that you see the complete image in about 1 second after the vehicle has passed over the VSU. It’s fast.
VisorSoft also includes:
- Up to 12x zoom at full resolution
- Storage and recovery of all images
- Reporting and statistics package
- LPRAssist which provides a built in basic licence plate read function
- Image comparison from stored images
- Frame by frame inspection
- Free flow and single vehicle modes
- Forward and reverse vehicle flow modes
We use HD colour GigE cameras so the images they produce are of the highest quality. To ensure that you have an accurate image to inspect, we also use and store all of the pixels from each camera .
We designed VISOR so that most of the cameras are angled and have wide angle lenses. Because of this arrangement, the whole of the underside is imaged: edge to edge. An additional benefit is the “see around” capability. With “see around” operators can see around objects and features to see hidden items. You can see how this works in the Advantages page.
All VISOR Survey Units are tough. We use welded aluminium and stainless steel fabrications to maximise the strength and to minimise corrosion. They are all strong enough to survive a driveover by a fully laden 44T truck and they are weatherproof to better than IP67.
We also use small camera windows to minimise the possibility of damage from, for example, stones embedded in tyre treads. The modular LED lights are efficient and provide uniform lighting.
Features for all models
- Portable VISOR systems can be deployed by 1 person in less than 5 minutes
- About 1 second to display the full image
- Easy to use
- 12x Zoom / Detail view at full resolution
- Side by side image comparison
- Fast storage and retrieval of records
- Image archive facility
- “see around” features capability
- Licence plate assistance – built in
- Forward and reverse traffic operation
- Free flow and single mode operationRobust all-weather camera unit
- Flush, surface and portable models
- HD digital colour cameras
- 19” rack electronics
- High performance Windows PC
- High quality LCD displays (built-in 19” high brightness type for all Portable models)
- LED lighting – Day and night operation
- Ethernet compatibility
Click HERE to download the VISOR UVIS brochure.