The VISOR Standard range of advanced, high performance under vehicle inspection systems (UVIS) is used by border control, security and law enforcement teams at vehicle checkpoints.
All VISOR Standard range models use multiple cameras to ensure that the undercarriage view is captured completely. The VISOR Standard range models are designed for scanning all types of vehicle – cars, vans, buses, trucks and trucks with trailers.
There are 3 models in the VISOR Standard range. The general name of the Standard range is VISOR-S5X:
- VISOR-S5P – for temporary checkpoints
- VISOR-S5S – for Static, Surface installations
- VISOR-S5F – for Static, Flush installations
VISOR-S5P UVIS is a highly portable system which you can transport in the boot / trunk of a car and then simply place the VISOR Survey Unit (VSU, camera unit) into the inspection lane, connect it to the VISOR Control Unit (VCU). It will only take you a few minutes to set up and become operational. The optional battery pack will allow you to run the VISOR-S5P for about 8 hours from a single charge.
VISOR-S5S UVIS is the system you would use for fixed checkpoints. You fix the VSU on the surface of the roadway. It’s a surface installation UVIS.
VISOR-S5F UVIS is the system you would use for fixed checkpoints and where you want it to be level with the surface of the roadway. It’s super tough. The top plate is 25 mm [1″] thick. To ensure a long life, the whole of the VISOR Survey Unit (VSU, camera unit) is fabricated from stainless steel.
All of the VISOR Standard range UVIS models provide you, the security professional, with the highest performance under vehicle imaging solution for this essential aspect of vehicle search operations. You get high quality HD colour images, fast response, an intuitive operator interface and a wide range of image tools.
Also, you do not have to install an external detector (eg, an induction loop) to trigger the system when a vehicle approaches as all of the VISOR Standard range of UVIS have built-in vehicle detection.
VISOR Standard sub-systems
The VISOR Standard range UVIS systems have two major sub-systems:
VISOR Survey Unit (VSU) – The VSU is the camera sub-system which you install in the vehicle inspection lane. The Standard VSU has 5 cameras and the VISOR-S5P and VISOR-S5S also have an additional front view camera. So that you have the best possible view of the undercarriage, four of the cameras are angled – they see right out to the vehicle edges and into important areas like wheelarches.
VISOR Control Unit (VCU) – The VCU is the system computer. It’s a high performance PC with an i7 Intel processor running Windows 7 or Windows 10 Pro. We include our advanced VisorSoft software which acquires and processes the images from each of the cameras and generates and displays the composite and detail / zoom images on the LCD display. Every system is supplied with a high quality LCD display:
- 24″ desktop type for VISOR-S5F and VISOR-S5S systems;
- 19″ high brightness built-in LCD display for the VISOR-S5P.
- Robustness – The VSU is tough. The VISOR-S5P and S5S models have welded aluminium structures with stainless steel subframes. The VISOR-S5F is a complete stainless steel welded fabrication with a 25 mm (1″) thick top plate.
- Easy to use – The Operator interface is ergonomic and intuitive to operate; whether by mouse or touchscreen, you will find it very easy to use VISOR.
- Excellent images – All of the images displayed by a VISOR system are generated by colour GigE cameras. We use several cameras to ensure that you see the whole of the underside – edge to edge and front to back – when you look at the image. And we keep all of the frames from each camera so that when you want to look at something in detail everything is there.
- Fast – The VCU uses a high performance Windows 7 Pro or 10 Pro based computer. VisorSoft is our custom image processing and management software and it’s fast. So, in about 1 second after the vehicle has passed over the VSU, the image will be displayed.
Click HERE to download the VISOR UVIS brochure.
The following images show the high quality of the VISOR UVIS images:
Features – VISOR-S5X range
VISOR Survey Unit:
- 5 colour digital GigE HD cameras
- 4 of the cameras are angled to maximise “see around” capability
- Wide angle lenses to maximise fields of view of each camera
- Sees into wheel arches and around other features
- Sealed to better than IP67
- Uses small camera windows – minimising the probability of damage
- Robust – the VSU can be driven over by a truck without damage
- It takes about 1 second to display the full composite underside image
- Better than 12x zoom without loss of resolution
- Frame by frame inspection facility
- Captures and displays front view of vehicle
- LPAssist provides you with a basic licence plate recognition capability
- Semi-automatic image comparison
- Records and statistics facility
- Free flow and single vehicle modes
- Forward and reverse vehicle flow modes
- Optional full feature ALPR
VISOR Control Unit:
- i7 Intel processor running Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 Pro.
- High capacity record storage
- LCD display – 24″ desktop for S5S and S5F models adn 19″ high brightness for the S5P model
- 19″ rack Control Unit
- Interconnection cable – 20m for the X5S and S5F models and 10m for the S5P model
- Optional 24vdc operation
- Optional volt free contacts to control peripheral equipment
The VISOR Standard range of advanced, high performance UVIS give you excellent performance.