The VISOR Compact range of advanced, high performance under vehicle inspection systems (UVIS) is used by border control, security and law enforcement teams for vehicle checkpoints.
VISOR Compact range models all use multiple cameras to ensure that the undercarriage view is completely captured. The Compact range models are designed for scanning cars and vans.
There are 3 models in the VISOR Compact range. As a group they are the VISOR-C3X range:
- VISOR-C3P – for temporary checkpoints
- VISOR-C3S – for Static, Surface installations
- VISOR-C3F – for Static, Flush installations
VISOR-C3P UVIS is a very portable system which can be transported in the boot / trunk of a car. You simply position the VISOR Survey Unit (VSU, camera unit) in the inspection lane and connect it to the VISOR Control Unit (VCU). It only takes a few minutes to set up and become operational. The optional battery pack will allow you to run the VISOR-C5P for about 8 hours from a single charge.
VISOR-C3S UVIS is the system you would use for fixed checkpoints and where the VSU is fixed onto the surface of the roadway. It’s a surface installation UVIS.
VISOR-C3F UVIS is the system you would use for fixed checkpoints and where you want the VSU to be level with the surface of the roadway. It’s super tough. The top plate is 25 mm [1″] thick. To ensure a long life, the VISOR Survey Unit (VSU, camera unit) is fabricated from stainless steel.
All of the VISOR Compact range UVIS models provide you, the security professional, with the highest performance under vehicle imaging solution for this essential aspect of vehicle search operations. You get high quality HD colour images, intuitive operator interface and a wide range of image tools. Also, none of the VISOR Compact range of UVIS requires an external detector (eg, an induction loop) to trigger the system when a vehicle approaches.
VISOR Compact range subsystems
All VISOR Compact range UVIS systems have two major subsystems:
VISOR Survey Unit (VSU) – the VSU is the camera sub-system which you install in the inspection lane. The VSU has 3 cameras and the VISOR-C3P and VISOR-C3S have an additional front view camera. So that you have the best possible view of the undercarriage, two of the cameras are angled and they see right out to the vehicle edges and into important areas like wheelarches.
VISOR Control Unit (VCU) – the VCU is the system computer. It’s a high performance PC with an i7 Intel processor. It runs the VisorSoft software which acquires and processes the images from each of the cameras and generates and displays the composite and detail / zoom images on the LCD display. Every VISOR system is supplied with a high quality LCD display:
- 24″ desktop type for VISOR-S5F and VISOR-S5S systems;
- 19″ high brightness built-in display for the VISOR-S5P.
- Robustness – the VSU is tough. The VISOR-C3P and C3S models are welded aluminium structures with stainless steel subframes. The VISOR-C3F is a complete stainless steel welded fabrication with a 25 mm (1″) thick top plate.
- Easy to use – the Operator interface is ergonomic and intuitive to operate whether by mouse or touchscreen, you will find it very easy to use VISOR.
- Excellent images – All VISOR UVIS display a complete underside image and all of the images displayed by a VISOR system are generated by colour GigE cameras. We use several cameras to ensure that you see the whole of the underside when you look at the image. And we keep all of the frames from each camera so that when you want to look at something in detail everything is there.
- Fast – The VCU uses a high performance Windows 7 Pro or 10 Pro based computer. VisorSoft is our custom image processing and management software and it’s also fast. So, in about 1 second after the vehicle has passed over the VSU, you will see the image on the LCD display.
Click HERE to download the VISOR UVIS brochure.
The following zoom / detail images show the high quality of the VISOR-C3X UVIS:
Features – VISOR-C3X range
VISOR Survey Unit:
- 3 colour digital GiGE HD cameras
- 2 cameras angled to maximise “see around” capability
- Wide angle lenses to maximise fields of view of each camera
- Sees into wheel arches and around other items
- Sealed to better than IP67
- Uses small camera windows – minimising the probability of damage
- Robust – the VSU can be driven over by a truck without damage
- It takes about 1 second to display the full composite underside image
- Better than 12x zoom without loss of resolution
- Frame by frame inspection facility
- Captures and displays front view of vehicle
- LPAssist provides you with a basic licence plate recognition capability
- Semi-automatic image comparison
- Records and statistics facility
- Free flow and single vehicle modes
- Forward and reverse vehicle flow modes
- Optional full feature ALPR
VISOR Control Unit:
- i7 Intel processor running Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 Pro.
- High capacity record storage
- LCD display – 24″ desktop for C3S and C3F models and 19″ high brightness for the C3P model
- 19″ rack Control Unit
- Interconnection cable – 20m for the C3S and C3F models and 10m for the C3P model
- Optional 24vdc operation
- Optional volt free contacts to control peripheral equipment
The VISOR Compact range of advanced, high performance UVIS gives you excellent performance.